Feathers From the Nest

Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Being Still

How do you feel when things are totally quiet? I mean, not a sound. I LOVE it when that happens. Listening to the silence is wonderful. It is then that I can really "hear".
You may wonder what it is that I "hear". I can hear my own thought process. I can hear God speak. I can hear my response to Him. Our lives are so full of "noise". We have radio, television, iphones, computers, dishwashers, vacuum cleaners, washing machines, mowers, cars, trains, airplanes. The list is endless. All of those things fill our lives with so much noise! Our brains are constantly processing that noise.
When it is completely silent, nothing to distract us... that is when we can hear clearly. Answers suddenly don't seem so distant. Clarity seems so much easier.

Maybe that's why God told us to "BE STILL... and know that I am God". Maybe that's the reason that it is one of my favorite verses.

No comments:

Post a Comment